What is Shopify? What are the pros and cons of running a Facebook shop by Shopify? Read and get the answers you are looking for!
It doesn’t matter whether you are launching your first online store or you’ve been selling products online for a few years now, you have probably heard of Shopify and how popular this ecommerce website builder is.
There are thousands and thousands of sellers who use Shopify to run their ecommerce sites and with a good reason – Shopify is a cloud-based ecommerce solution which means they will take care of everything leaving you to focus on running your online store.
One of the things we like the most about Shopify is that it can integrate with Facebook. You can create your own online store, integrate with Facebook, and sell your products directly on Facebook via Facebook Messenger.
Before you decide to run a Facebook shop by Shopify, here are some of Shopify’s biggest strengths and weaknesses you should know about:
Shopify is a well-designed platform, with hundreds of templates and applications you can use to create a customized experience for your customers. Some of the key features you may not have considered are:
- Shopify is a cloud-based solution, you can access it anywhere and at any time.
- Shopify integrates with top marketing tools
- It includes a built-in and secure payment processing system
- It is based on LIQUID development language and makes it easy to create custom applications and themes for the platform
- Provides excellent customer support (you can count on 24/7 customer support)
As you know, there is no perfect ecommerce solution. Here are some of the obstacles you should be aware of:
- Shopify is easy to use, however, you can’t customize some areas of the store. For example, you can’t customize the checkout page which can be a problem for your Shopify and Facebook customers.
- Reporting is a little bit limited for the lower-tier ecommerce plans.
- The Search Engine Optimization or SEO can be a little bit challenging
- It can be hard to sell virtual or downloadable products.
- You can’t sell supplements, drugs, gambling-related products, alcohol or adult products (Facebook has the exact same rules).
None of these limitations are problematic, however, it is important to know the obstacles you will need to overcome as you create your Facebook shop by Shopify.
— road.cc (@roadcc) 8 de agosto de 2018